“I Will Follow Him” is a song recorded by Little Peggy March. The music was written by Frank Pourcel (using the pseudonym J.W. Stole) and Paul Mauriat (using the pseudonym Del Roma). It was adapted by Arthur Altman. The English lyrics were written by Norman Gimbel.
The song is a translation of the French language tune “Chariot” recorded a year earlier by Petula Clark, which hit #1 in France and #8 in Belgium and earned Clark a gold record. (Clark’s Italian and German recordings of the song were also major hits.)
The song was recorded in 1961 by Franck Pourcel and began as an instrumental piece appearing on the 1961 European LP release: “Amour, Danse, Et Violons. No.17.” At the same time, it also appeared on the EP release: “La Voix de son Maitre.” Pourcel co-wrote the song with his friend and fellow French bandleader Paul Mauriat. Franck Pourcel’s original recording was popular on MOR, or “easy listening,” stations. Paul Mauriat later recorded an instrumental version in 1976 with a disco beat, using moog synthesizer.
The English version by March, backed with “Wind Up Doll,” was released by RCA Victor and hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 on April 27, 1963, making 15-year-old March the youngest female artist to have a U.S. chart-topping signer. Her version also made it to #1 on the soul singles chart.
The song is featured prominently at the end of the 1992 film Sister Act, where it was performed by the nuns’ chorus for the pope.From Wikipedia
Sister Act Movie VersionVodpod videos no longer available.
- For Mixed Choir – SATB.
- This arrangement only for Chorus, no soloist, but your choir can improve to sing with soloist.
- With Piano or Keyboard Accompaniment
- Include in this score
- 13 pages SATB + Piano Accompaniment
- 5 pages for Piano Accompaniment
- Total = 18 pages
- Complete with dynamic expression (fully dynamic)
- Complete with variations of tempo (andante and allegro)
- See the sample : Click Here
- Price : only $25 for e-book in pdf format
- Coupon Discount : use FOLLOWHIM to get 10% discount until June 30, 2010. Click here to get the discount.